Audits under the Energy Security Safeguard Schemes must be performed by a member of the Audit Services Panel established by IPART.
Audit Services Panel
If you wish to join the Audit Services Panel, you should apply directly to IPART by completing Application forms Part A and Part B below with all required supporting evidence and information. Submit your complete application by email. Applications are accepted at any time.
Incomplete applications will be returned. Please ensure you have read and understood the Audit Panel Guide and Audit Guideline before submitting your application.
Applications will be assessed on:
- your capacity to resource and undertake reasonable assurance audits
- quality assurance, record keeping, training and peer review processes
- the experience of the nominated lead auditors, particularly in regulatory compliance audits of relevant energy programs and record keeping systems
- knowledge and experience with the Australian Auditing Standards, ISAE 3000 or ISO 14064-3:2006.
Audit Services Panel Agreement
If your application is recommended for approval, you will be asked to sign the Audit Services Panel Agreement. You must agree to a number of conditions such as:
- engaging competent, suitably qualified personnel and allocating sufficient resources to ensure the audit is completed as required
- holding public liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance and workers compensation insurance with a reputable insurer.
We have consulted on proposed amendments to the audit services panel agreement. We are currently considering the feedback received and will provide more information when it is available. We thank stakeholders for their valuable contributions.
Energy Savings Scheme PIAM&V auditors
An additional condition has been applied to some Energy Savings Scheme accreditations for the Project Impact Assessment with Measurement and Verification (PIAM&V) method. The condition requires the auditor to be suitably qualified in the PIAM&V method and approved by the Scheme Administrator to conduct those audits.
Members of the Audit Services Panel interested in conducting PIAM&V audits should arrange for relevant auditors in their firms to apply for approval by the Scheme Administrator by using the application form below.
|Application Form - Part A - for organisations|
|Application Form - Part B - for lead auditors|
|Audit Services Panel Guide|
|Audit Services Panel Agreement|
|Application form for approved PIAM&V Auditors|