Eligible activities for businesses under the Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) and Peak Demand Reduction Scheme (PDRS) range from lighting and appliance upgrades to complex whole of site projects. Activities can be conducted at sites including:
- small business
To be eligible under the schemes, the activities must be undertaken by an Accredited Certificate Provider (ACP) or their representative. ACPs can create certificates from certain types of activities.
Activities for small businesses
Small businesses can undertake activities listed on the Upgrades for households and small businesses page. You can find an ACP to talk to about the eligibility requirements for these upgrades on the List of ACPs for business page.
Activities for commercial and industrial sites
Examples of eligible activities for commercial and industrial sites include:
- commercial lighting upgrades
- installation or replacement of refrigerated cabinets
- installation or replacement of air conditioners
- installation or replacement of certain motors
- replacement of gas fired steam boilers, hot water boilers, or water heaters
- certain blowdown efficiency measures for gas fired heating systems
- installation of air source heat pump water heater systems
- building upgrades
- air handling, fans and ventilation
- process change/control systems
- compressed air.
You can find an ACP to contact for more information on eligible energy savings and peak demand reduction activities on our List of ACPs for business page.