Our existing IT systems are undergoing major upgrades to integrate them into one online system called TESSA (The Energy Security Safeguard Application). The new system will integrate the:
- ESS Registry
- ESS Portal
- Emerging Lighting Technology Portal.
Users will be able to use one login to gain access to a portal to engage with the Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) and Peak Demand Reduction Scheme (PDRS).
In addition to existing IT functions, TESSA will include new functionality such as:
- a new registry to manage all certificates, including Energy Savings Certificate (ESCs) and Peak Reduction Certificate (PRCs) activities from registration through to transfer and surrender
- online PDRS compliance processes for Accredited Certificate Providers (ACPs)
- online compliance processes for Scheme Participants in both the ESS and the PDRS.
TESSA’s features will roll out progressively from later this year, starting with current ESS online processes. The registry function will be available to register PRCs from 1 November 2022. We will not shut off any existing IT functionality until the relevant processes are live in TESSA.
The registry will be available to the public. It will provide the following:
- ACP and accreditation details
- registration, ownership history and surrender of PRCs and ESCs
- certificate information including activity type, vintage and creation date.
The registry will also track applicable ESC and PRC status (active, cancelled or expired).
We will update information about TESSA on our website as we implement the new system. We will also provide training and support for users as we transition to TESSA. More details are available on our Upcoming events page.