About this method
The Installation of High Efficiency Appliances for Business method (Business Appliances) is used to calculate electricity savings from the installation of high efficiency:
- Refrigerated cabinets
- Liquid chilling packages
- Close control air conditioners
- Air conditioners
- Brushless DC motors to power fans in refrigerated cabinets
- Brushless DC motors to power ventilation fans
- Motors powering various other equipment
- Oxygen trim systems on a gas fired steam boiler, hot water boiler or water heater
- Burners or economisers on a gas fired steam boiler, hot water boiler or water heater
- Sensor based blowdown controls on a gas fired steam boiler
- Blowdown flash steam heat recovery systems on a gas fired steam boiler
- Blowdown heat exchangers on gas fired steam boiler
- Heat pump water heaters
The equipment used in this method must meet, and be registered or accredited under, the applicable performance standards, such as:
- Being a Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (GEMS) registered product
- Meeting Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS)
- Meeting other performance requirements as applicable
Water heater equipment requirements
Heat pump water heater equipment installed under the following activities of the IHEAB Method must be accepted by the Scheme Administrator as meeting the equipment requirements.
- Activity Definition F16 - Replace one or more existing hot water boilers or water heaters with one or more air source heat pump water heater systems
- Activity Definition F17 - Install one or more air source heat pump water heater systems
Further information on these requirements can be found on the water heater equipment requirements page.
Site Assessment Report
Accredited Certificate Providers undertaking gas saving activities must arrange for a Site Assessment Report to be completed for each implementation. Accredited Certificate Providers may use the template below or create their own report.
Accredited Certificate Providers need to arrange for an Installer Declaration to be completed for implementations of some activities. Accredited Certificate Providers may use the template below or create their own declaration.